Vasque Sundowner MX2 GTX

I've had my boots for about eight months now. They…

I've had my boots for about eight months now. They still fit and feel about the same as when I first bought them. I really love these boots. They have served me well on several short and long hikes, and have kept bone dry, even in nasty wet weather, when all my buddies had soaked boots. I highly recommend these boots.

I just purchased these boots (at REI) a week ago on…

Materials: leather/gore-tex
Use: Will be used for day hikes, backpacking, and yard work
Break-in Period: still breaking in
Weight: 3 lbs. +

I just purchased these boots (at REI) a week ago on a trip to San Diego. Right out of the box they just felt and fit great. I have only worn them around the house for a few days, so can only rate by casual use to date. Size wise I had to get a half-size larger than normal.

The Sundowner MX2 GTX is an Italian made classic hiking and backpacking boot with a Gore-Tex Stormsock to keep your feet dry and comfortable. An updated version of the classic Sundowner, this mid-weight backpacking boot is most comfortable logging miles on the A.T., P.C.T., and Continental Divide trails. The MX2 comes in a variety of widths to get the right fit for your feet, and a padded leather collar with achiles notch for increased comfort. Trailweight Monoflex

- ClimbingGear refers to the men's version

Sometimes change is good. With these next-generation Sundowners, it means enhanced comfort with a more cushioned and secure fit. Traditional one-piece, full-grain leather uppers lined with waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex and moisture-wicking Sportee for dry comfort. Updated polyurethane midsoles are lighter than previous rubber midsoles while offering higher shock-absorption. Monoflex insole supports with steel shanks allow forward flex while providing lateral stability and protecting feet on uneven terrain. Padded ankle collars have been improved with extended height and extra padding for protection with no pinching of the achilles tendon. Overall fit is improved by winged tongues that wrap insteps to minimize lacing pressure and extra padding in the heel area to secure rear foot. Aggressive Super Hiker polyurethane outsoles have multi-directional and "out-swing" lugs to give intense traction on a multitude of terrain.

- REI refers to the men's version

An updated version of the classic Sundowner, this mid-weight backpacking boot is most comfortable logging miles on the A.T., P.C.T., and Continental Divide trails. Thicker leather uppers and resilient polyurethane midsole provide comfort on extended journ

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version

Vasque Sundowner MX2 GTX

The Sundowner MX2 GTX has been discontinued.

The Vasque Sundowner MX2 GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 8, 2011 at Sierra Trading Post.