Vasque Sundowner MX2

My pair was made in Italy. I've been loving these…

Summary

My pair was made in Italy. I've been loving these boots since 2000 or maybe the late '90s. I got a resole from resole.com in Feb. 2013. They've always fit like a glove and have treated me well, never had a blister or a soaker, but I also treat them well.

Pros

• Love on my feet for any condition
  • Have been offered cash for my boots

Cons

• They discontinued this design.

It sucks that they discontinued this model because they hit an apex with this with the Italian version. It also sucks that they farmed out later productions to China and probably alienated their customer base with a crappy fit.

Haven't yet taken these on the trail, as I was trying…

Materials: leather, gore-tex
Use: I bought them for backpacking/dayhiking
Break-in Period: moderate
Weight: 3ish lbs
Price Paid: I forget, probably ~$190

Haven't yet taken these on the trail, as I was trying to make sure they were broken in first. (Stiff leather + long trip = hurts, too often.) I got them to replace some worn-out, rather blah boots (Asolos?) and I'm very happy.

The break-in was taking forever until I bought round laces to replace the stock flat ones...instant success! These are now ultra-comfortable, a little too warm for me even in winter in New England, a bit on the heavy side but nice and sturdy because of it. And they look nice, too!

Just added some Superfeet for support more than for comfort, so it's nice to see I'm not the only one who needed to.

rated 3.50 of 5 stars All Sundowner MX2 versions

In addition to the 2 men's reviews above, there are 12 reviews for other versions of the Sundowner MX2. Read all reviews »

On Sale. Free Shipping. Vasque Men's Sundowner MX2 GTX Boot (Fall 2005) An updated version of the classic Sundowner, the Sundowner MX2 GTX by Vasque, is mid-weight backpacking boot is most comfortable logging miles on the A.T., P.C.T., and Continental Divide trails. Thicker leather uppers and resilient polyurethane midsole provide comfort on extended journeys. Upper: 2.8mm Waterproof Smoothout Leather Insole: Trailweight Monoflex Midsole: Contoured PU Outsole: Skywalk Trekking High Carbon Rubber Lining: 3-Bar Knit Nylon Footbed: Tri-Wick Contoured Pegasus Winged Tongue Padded Collar Weight: 3lb. 1oz. (Size 9)

The MX2 takes the legendary Sundowner series one step further for an even sturdier, stabler and more comfortable boot. Contoured footbed and trailweight insole with steel shank offer load-bearing comfort, mile after mile. Knit nylon lining. Winged tongue. Polyurethane cushioned midsole. Skywalk(R) trekking outsole is a long lasting, durable sole with amazing traction. Nubuck and leather upper. Ht. 5 , 2 lb. 14 oz. pr. CLOSEOUTS . Italy.

- Sierra Trading Post

An updated version of the classic Sundowner, this mid-weight backpacking boot is most comfortable logging miles on the A.T., P.C.T., and Continental Divide trails. Thicker leather uppers and resilient polyurethane midsole provide comfort on extended journeys. Upper: 2.8mm Waterproof Smoothout Leather Insole: Trailweight Monoflex Midsole: Contoured PU Plate: Outsole: Skywalk Trekking High Carbon Rubber Lining: 3-Bar Knit Nylon Footbed: Tri-Wick Contoured Other: Pegasus Winged Tongue; Padded Collar

- Massey's Outfitters

Vasque Men's Sundowner MX2

The Men's Sundowner MX2 has been discontinued.

The Vasque Men's Sundowner MX2 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 7, 2007 at Moosejaw.