Vasque Velocity GTX

My husband has worn this shoe for many years — has…

My husband has worn this shoe for many years — has gone through many pairs. He's tried other shoes when his Vasques have worn out, but always goes back to these.

He walks 5 miles a day, and 10 on weekend days. We are having a hard time finding this shoe anymore, which is disappointing.

Awesome shoes, great brand. As a member of Gore MountainTechs,…

Summary

Awesome shoes, great brand.

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Long lasting

Cons

• OK traction
  • Bulky for trail running

As a member of Gore MountainTechs, I have the opportunity to field test GORE-TEX gear in some of the harshest conditions. I absolutely love these shoes and have worn the heck out of them.

They are super comfortable and fit my foot perfect. Lightweight, waterproof, and low profile. They have decent traction, nothing amazing, but still good.

I wear them more for around town and short hikes, not backpacking or long hikes (and I actually do not wear them for jogging...they seem a little bulky for that IMO). The abuse I've thrown at these shoes is crazy, and they've held up through it all!  Very waterproof and breathable.

I am sold on Vasque as my go-to brand, I just sometimes have a hard time finding the exact style I'm looking for.  (I also bought Vasque M-Finity ice climbing boots and they're the best boot I've ever worn, bar none!).

Can't go wrong with these shoes in my opinion.

I recently got these shoes at a steeply discounted…

Materials: gore-tex
Use: hiking trails
Break-in Period: none
Weight: unsure- 5lbs approx.

I recently got these shoes at a steeply discounted price at an REI used gear sale. They were as close to being brand new as you could hope to find. The reason they were returned was because the toe box was too narrow. I have to agree with this assessment- I wear an 11 in Nike and these shoes feel a half size smaller in length and are quite a bit narrower up front. I have wide feet, and this shoe is as small an 11 as I have run across.

I have the gore-tex model which is not listed here in the review column. Same looking shoe just says gore-tex on the side.

I find these shoes to be well built. They are not light, but I can tell they are tough. I just returned from hiking in Yosemite and found the shoes to be comfortable even while a bit snug. The have a strong, stiff sole that grips incredibly well on rock, dirt, and in mud. I was able to wade out about 5-6 inches of water to retrieve a tin can lid someone had thrown into the lake without getting my feet wet.

At first I was skeptical about hiking in a snug shoes- but I went for two days w/o discomfort and found the shoe to be light enough and plenty tough. Recommended!

Visit Vasque's Men's Velocity GTX page.

The reasons for the Vasque Velocity GTX's prolific usage are easy; great fit, traction and a near indestructible upper. Built for motion control on rugged trail runs, the Velocitys dual density EVA midsole reduces over-pronation while TPU-reinforced Airmesh and synthetic nubuck uppers provide support. This shoe has been everywhere from Appalachian Trail thru kies to summit ridges in the Karakoram and everywhere in between.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version

Cushioned support from the dual-density midsole as well as protection and stability from the rigid TPU plate is what makes the Vasque Mens Velocity GTX Hiking Shoe ready for slow hikes or fast trail runs. Push your personal performance knowing that the Mako sole grips mud, rocks, and dusty trail surfaces while the Gore-Tex insert is a totally waterproof barrier for your allows heat and moisture out feet.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

CLOSEOUTS . An updated classic, Vasque Velocity GTX trail running shoes offer outstanding support in rugged terrain and the weather protection of a Gore-Texand#174; XCRand#174; waterproof breathable membrane. Available Colors: GUNMETAL/GOLD. Sizes: 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 13, 14, 15, 7.

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the men's version

Free Shipping. Vasque Men's Velocity GTX Shoe DECENT FEATURES of the Vasque Men's Velocity GTX Shoe Gore-Tex with Extended Comfort Technology Weight: Men's 9: 16.5 oz / 468 g Last: Arc Tempo Upper: Synthetic Nubuck, TPU Weld, Airmesh Footbed: Dual Density EVA Midsole: Stability, Dual Density EVA Outsole: Vasque Mako

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version

Vasque Velocity GTX

The Vasque Velocity GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 3, 2014 at CampSaver.com.