Vasque Zephyr II

This boot was a great fit and very comfortable with…

Summary

This boot was a great fit and very comfortable with no break-in period. Terrific for light trail work.

Pros

• Light weight and waterproof
  • Comfort

Cons

• Thin soled; I could feel rocks through the bottom.
  • Grip on rock seemed poor; even slippery.

I bought this boot looking for a quality hiking and backpacking boot. I have worn them all over the hills and many miles of trail. They are really comfortable and waterproof works well, but I was a bit disappointed with their grip on slick rock. They seemed to have much less grip than standard Vibram soles (waffle stomper style).

The soles also started to come unglued from the leather within a few miles of use (but never became critical.) Also, I could feel rocks through the bottom and the occasional rock leveraged into the sides could be painful. I was probably expecting performance similar to my old Asolo Yukons.

I would not buy another pair since I would like to try some other types and brands, but I would recommend these to anyone interested in a great boot for trails and light packs.

These boots are comfortable and sturdy and accommodate…

Materials: gore-tex
Use: short day hikes
Break-in Period: 1-2 days
Weight: < 1-lb

These boots are comfortable and sturdy and accommodate custom inserts without any issues.

The only problem I experienced is that the laces do not stay tied and their ends soon become frayed.

Vasque Zephyr II

The Zephyr II has been discontinued.

The Vasque Zephyr II is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 14, 2012 at Moosejaw.