Vasque Zephyr II

This boot was a great fit and very comfortable with…

Summary

This boot was a great fit and very comfortable with no break-in period. Terrific for light trail work.

Pros

• Light weight and waterproof
  • Comfort

Cons

• Thin soled; I could feel rocks through the bottom.
  • Grip on rock seemed poor; even slippery.

I bought this boot looking for a quality hiking and backpacking boot. I have worn them all over the hills and many miles of trail. They are really comfortable and waterproof works well, but I was a bit disappointed with their grip on slick rock. They seemed to have much less grip than standard Vibram soles (waffle stomper style).

The soles also started to come unglued from the leather within a few miles of use (but never became critical.) Also, I could feel rocks through the bottom and the occasional rock leveraged into the sides could be painful. I was probably expecting performance similar to my old Asolo Yukons.

I would not buy another pair since I would like to try some other types and brands, but I would recommend these to anyone interested in a great boot for trails and light packs.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Zephyr II versions

In addition to the 1 men's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Zephyr II. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used a Vasque Men's Zephyr II, please share your experience.

Vasque Men's Zephyr II

The Men's Zephyr II has been discontinued.

The Vasque Men's Zephyr II is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 14, 2012 at Moosejaw.