Western Mountaineering Everlite 45

Great lightweight, adaptable bag. I've used it by…

Price Paid: Retail

Summary

Great lightweight, adaptable bag. I've used it by itself in warm and muggy summer camping in Northwest Arkansas and in the Black Hills on very cool nights. Love it!

Pros

• Compact
  • Adaptable

Cons

• Price
  • Makes me want to buy more WM products I can't afford!

I bought this bag in preparation for a week in the Black Hills, South Dakota. It's my first down bag of any weight and I couldn't wait to use it so I snuck away for a weekend in the heat and humidity of Northwest AR.

For the first night I really didn't need it till 2-3 a.m. and just used it unzipped as a blanket which it was perfect for.

The second night was cooler, but not significantly, and I was able to manage sleeping comfortably with this bag which is usually difficult for me in the heat. This initially worried me that maybe it wouldn't be warm enough for the cooler nights in the Black Hills.

I packed a Sea to Summit liner to use in tandem just in case I needed it. Of the seven nights I spent in the mountains I only need the liner once after a huge hail storm after which the temp dropped into the 30's. Even then, with the liner and my Therm-a-Rest I was pretty toastie! I had cinched up the bottom and tightened the top around my shoulders, slept in shorts and an Icebreaker lightweight hoodie to protect my baldness and no complaints!

This is my first down bag and I don't know if I'll ever go back to synthetic bags. I could never seem to get to the right comfortable sleeping temperature.  But this little beauty has done just that in a pretty variable range of temperatures. I am very impressed!

Can't wait till I get a chance to use it with my hammock!

Welcome to Trailspace, Nick. Thanks for sharing your sleeping bag review. Got any pictures of your WM bag you'd be willing to share in your review?