anyone know about Kelty tents?

7:32 p.m. on January 14, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Outdoor outfitters has the Kelty Mantra 2, a fair sized 2 man, 3 season tent listed for $110 (which sounds like a pretty good deal), but I've heard that kelty has had some poor quality craftsmanship the past few years. I have never had any problems with any products from kelty before, but I would like some other opinions on this matter. If anyone has opinions I am listening.

8:57 p.m. on January 14, 2002 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

Some of the Kelty items are still fine. I have a Kelty Dolomite and love it. I really like the design of the Mantra--the three poles seem like they would add a great deal of stability. It also got some good reviews (see link below).

I'd love to hear where you are finding it for $110...

http://www.outsidemag.com/magazine/buyguide2001/tents/the_goods.html

8:08 a.m. on January 15, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

I'd love to hear where you are finding it for $110...

i believe the site is:

http://www.outdooroutlet.com/cgi-bin/outdooroutlet/outrage.html

on a two week special price,no guaranty as to how many they have at that price.

11:17 p.m. on March 11, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. tim smith

Quote:

Outdoor outfitters has the Kelty Mantra 2, a fair sized 2 man, 3 season tent listed for $110 (which sounds like a pretty good deal), but I've heard that kelty has had some poor quality craftsmanship the past few years. I have never had any problems with any products from kelty before, but I would like some other opinions on this matter. If anyone has opinions I am listening.

you can buy a 3 man dome tent at www.outdooroutlet.com for 79.00. looks like a good tent. i read some good reviews on kelty. this tent is a reconditioned with a satisfaction return policy. it retails for 179.00. best deal that i found. i ordered one last week. if i dont like it i send it back and lose 6.50 shipping. if i like it i feel i got a great deal on a tent for my wife,daughter and me. to see it go on the "outradgeous deals" link.

July 22, 2018
Quick Reply