enquete for backpackers

3:26 p.m. on April 20, 2007 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Hello,

I’m Wendy, a first year high school student from Arnhem, the Netherlands. I Study Industrial Product Design.
At the moment, I’m doing an assignment for school to design something for backpackers that holds: Food, valuable things, cooking stuff or clothing. I’m not sure which subject I’m going to choose, because I don’t know much about backpacking.
Therefore, I would appreciate it if you would fill out this short enquête (only people who have backpacked).
You can post the completed enquête here, or mail it to me at wendy_dolfijnen@hotmail.com

Very much thanks in advance!

The enquete:
1. Have you ever backpacked, if yes, where?

2. Have you ever lost something, if yes, what?

3. What are the important things to take with you?

4. What are the important things to put away: Food, valuable things, cooking stuff or clothes? Why?

5. What takes the most space of these 4 things?

6. What things do you take with you most?

7. What things do you lose?

8. What do you look for most during your trip?

9. Are there any problems separating these items? If yes what?

10. What is demolished most during your trip? Do you know what caused that?

11. Where do you keep your food??

12. Where do you keep your valuable things?

13. Where do you keep your clothes that had been weared?

14. Where do you keep your cooking stuff?

15. How do you maintain order?

16. Is there often a mess? And what caused that mess?

17. Has there been stolen something from you on a trip? If yes, what?

12:24 a.m. on April 23, 2007 (EDT)
21 reviewer rep
54 forum posts

Wendy,

For not being a backpacker, you thought out your questions well.

But I think someone beat you to the punch. Most of a us have a device that is used for food, clothing, valuables and neccessities. It is called a backpack. :)

Just being a bit facisious.

This is a difficult forum to ask sooooo many quesitons as we cannot see the questions when we hit reply. I am at work and cannot print them out either.

Good luck on your assignment.

-John

7:47 a.m. on April 23, 2007 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
239 forum posts

I emailed you my response, Wendy, seemed easier than posting it here -

10:56 a.m. on April 23, 2007 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
4,429 reviewer rep
6,014 forum posts

Prelucir -

"Reply with quote" would be a good addition to the options (Dave and Alicia, please add that to your projects). In the meantime, the workaround I use is to copy and paste the part I want to quote into my reply, like this:

Prelucir said - "This is a difficult forum to ask sooooo many quesitons as we cannot see the questions when we hit reply. "

Then if I want to quote only in part, I can delete the unwanted part like this - "... difficult ... to ask ... the questions ...."

Lots of extra work, but it is a workaround. You could copy the whole set of questions and type your answers alongside each question.

Wendy, I will try to get some time later to respond to your survey (that's the English term for "enquete", I believe - 30 years since I had any acquaintance with Dutch).

6:58 a.m. on April 24, 2007 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

I thank you for completing the servey ;)
It helps me al lot with my research!

I didn't know excactly what the English word was for enquete. But now I know, thanks! :)

September 22, 2018
Quick Reply