Meet HornRimmedHiker, Trailspace's Reviewer of the Month

2:02 p.m. on August 27, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
625 reviewer rep
1,181 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Meet HornRimmedHiker, Trailspace's Reviewer of the Month"

Congratulations to Eric, July Reviewer of the Month! Thanks to the Trailspace community, Eric's gone from car camper to solo backpacker in three months and given back by publishing 18 reviews in July alone. He wins a goodie pack of gear from A3, Ibex, Innate, ProBar, and Trailspace.

Full article at https://www.trailspace.com/blog/2013/08/27/hornrimmedhiker-trailspace-reviewer-of-month.html

5:25 p.m. on August 28, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
625 reviewer rep
1,181 forum posts

Congratulations Eric!

5:57 p.m. on August 28, 2013 (EDT)
BRAND REP
2,161 reviewer rep
493 forum posts

Thanks, Seth! 

Planning the second trip, now, and waiting until I come home from that to write a whole mess of new reviews. Sold off some of my heavier and older gear and have made some upgrades for the next time around. I promise there're many more reviews where those came from.

Proud to be reviewer of the month, and it wouldn't be so without the support I've had here. A due thank you to everyone for it.

8:15 p.m. on August 28, 2013 (EDT)
69 reviewer rep
270 forum posts

Good job! That 'goodie pack of gear' couldn't go to a better home. :)

8:51 p.m. on August 28, 2013 (EDT)
BRAND REP
2,161 reviewer rep
493 forum posts

Aww, way too kind of ya, Islandess! 

Ironically, the Columbia wallet I've been abusing the past few years was on its last leg, and the one in this prize package was a lifesaver. 

Didn't put it in the trip report, but...

If you wear pants like I do (TNF's Paramount Valley Convertible Pants), the pockets aren't additional pieces of fabric sewn onto the OUTSIDE of the pants.

The "pockets" are INSIDE the pants, and are mesh bags accessed through holes in the pant fabric. This means there's absolutely no cushioning between your billfold and your butt.

I don't have a "Costanza" wallet, but mine was just thick enough to prove uncomfortable. 

The Innate Portal Billfold weighs so little and folds so flat, I have to - seriously - remind myself I'm carrying a wallet. I may actually start carrying it in the zippered chest pocket of my hiking shirt.

Big-time thanks for it, Trailspace!

4:46 p.m. on August 29, 2013 (EDT)
113 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

Great Job!  Maybe it was our banter back and forth on which backpacker food company was best that put you over the top.  :-)  

Plus...I didn't realize I was speaking to a future reviewer of the month.  I bow to the new king.

2:43 p.m. on August 30, 2013 (EDT)
BRAND REP
2,161 reviewer rep
493 forum posts

Thank ya, sir! Ha. I'm passionate about food on or off the trail - thanks to REI's latest sale on Mountain House meals, there'll plenty more food reviews to come. Love them all the moreso once I realized I could leave the canister stove at home and just get by with an alcohol stove!

King? Pssh. I'm no Babe Ruth, but I am glad to get an induction into the Hall of Fame.

4:09 p.m. on August 30, 2013 (EDT)
1,711 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Eric, sorry I am a lil late to the party but I just wanted to send ya a congrats from SW Rocksylvania.

Way to go.

4:15 p.m. on August 30, 2013 (EDT)
BRAND REP
2,161 reviewer rep
493 forum posts

Better later than never, my friend! No worries, and much appreciated!

3:02 p.m. on September 5, 2013 (EDT)
592 reviewer rep
1,522 forum posts

Great to get a win! Good for you!

November 20, 2018
Quick Reply