Meet Yuval: Long Distance Wanderer, Agronomist, Reviewer of the Month

7:00 a.m. on May 31, 2017 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,253 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Meet Yuval: Long Distance Wanderer, Agronomist, Reviewer of the Month"

Congratulations to Yuval Kadan, a long-distance hiker and agronomist from Israel and our Reviewer of the Month! He wins a 10 Essentials prize pack worth $350+ for his contributions.

Full article at https://www.trailspace.com/blog/2017/05/31/yuval-reviewer-of-month.html

7:21 a.m. on May 31, 2017 (EDT)
273 reviewer rep
1,949 forum posts

Congrats...I plan on hiking the INT  in 2 years...Yuval question are trail runners ok to hike that trail or do you recommend boots?

9:13 a.m. on May 31, 2017 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,827 reviewer rep
1,444 forum posts

Congrats Yuval. It's interesting to learn about hiking in Israel.

9:44 a.m. on May 31, 2017 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
8,824 reviewer rep
1,490 forum posts

Congratulations Yuval! Really enjoyed reading your responses here as you've traveled to a lot of places I've only read about. Especially liked your advice to reviewers too. Now I'm going to dig into reading your reviews as I don't recall reading them before :)

1:56 p.m. on May 31, 2017 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,253 forum posts

Congratulations again, Yuval!

I also really enjoyed hearing about and seeing pictures of your hikes. For anyone interested, I recommend checking out the Google Street View of the INT. It looked fascinating: https://www.google.com/streetview/#israel-national-trail

It's great that your parents were able to travel outdoors so much with you and your brother.

10:11 a.m. on June 1, 2017 (EDT)
350 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Hey,

Thank you all!!!

I'm happy to hear I got you interested in hiking in Israel, Hope to see you on the trail! :)

Denis - first it depends on how much weight you're going to carry, you don't need a tent but you will need at least 6 liters of water is some segments and food for 3 days on average, so remember that when you do your plannings.

Second, the terrain at the southern and northern parts, specially the southern, is very rocky and tough on the soles, you better have a rigid shoe otherwise it will get torn up before the middle of the trail. I've seen hikers that started from the southern end with new shoes and had to buy a new pair after 250 k"m.

You can see my review on the Meindl Softline TOP, that's the boot I had while walking the trail.

On the other hand there are people who run it carrying only water, but that's a whole different story.

5:54 a.m. on June 2, 2017 (EDT)
273 reviewer rep
1,949 forum posts

Yuval mind if I private message you? I dont want to distract from your Recognition and have some questions for you...Thank you

1:22 p.m. on June 9, 2017 (EDT)
2,017 reviewer rep
393 forum posts

Congrats Yuval -- and I for one would love to see more info posted here publicly about the INT.

3:14 a.m. on June 15, 2017 (EDT)
350 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Denis I sent you a PM quite a time ago, I'm not sure you got it. Anyway feel free I'll be glad to help.

I want to post an information page about the INT, not sure when I'll get to it though. hopefully this month :)

9:38 a.m. on June 15, 2017 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,253 forum posts

Feel free to post something in the Trip Planning forum, if you have time, Yuval.

https://www.trailspace.com/forums/trip-planning/

I'm sure others would appreciate it too.

December 6, 2019
Quick Reply