Outdoor Retailer Winter 2018

11:05 p.m. on January 22, 2018 (EST)
271 reviewer rep
1,891 forum posts

Looking forward to your pictures and commentary this year..Whos the team going? The public wants to know   lol

9:04 a.m. on January 23, 2018 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
873 reviewer rep
3,912 forum posts
Re: Outdoor retailor Winter 2018

Hi Denis,

Thanks for the interest! I'll be at Outdoor Retailer later this week covering the show.

The plan is to have daily photo albums from the show on Facebook, like we've done in the past.

Trailspace on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Trailspace/

Trailspace Photo Albums on Facebook (if anyone wants to look at past OR show albums in the meantime):
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Trailspace/photos/?tab=albums

So stay tuned over there!

Alicia

10:42 a.m. on January 27, 2018 (EST)
25 reviewer rep
3,314 forum posts

The OR Show used to be in Reno across the street from my office.  We usually could talk our way in with a business card showing environmental scientist on it.  The shows were a lot of fun, but very repetitious.  There really is not that much that is really new.  I liked talking with the people in the vendor booths more than anything.  They are a dedicated group. 

1:44 p.m. on January 28, 2018 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,760 reviewer rep
960 forum posts

There's some awesome coverage over on Facebook if people haven't checked it out yet.

Alicia- did you have a chance to check out the new stretch goretex? Apparently it's only on one OR jacket and a Marmot (?) I believe. 

7:49 p.m. on January 28, 2018 (EST)
3,000 reviewer rep
1,140 forum posts

That's their first valid reason I have heard to sign up for Facebook...too many negatives for me though. I'll wait for you all too tell me all the good stuff!

7:56 p.m. on January 28, 2018 (EST)
3,760 reviewer rep
960 forum posts

Yeah, I'm not sure why they don't post all the good stuff here as well.

8:49 a.m. on January 29, 2018 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER
11,422 reviewer rep
1,393 forum posts

Jake W said:

Yeah, I'm not sure why they don't post all the good stuff here as well.

Uploading pics to FB is a lot faster than on TS. 

10:16 a.m. on January 29, 2018 (EST)
271 reviewer rep
1,891 forum posts

Phil I actually get to read good articles and have nice discussions with Seth and get to see some awesome pictures of where Alicia runs and Goose also..So I keep FB plus I admin 3 groups for backpackers...So iam always talking to people that have a common interest in what we all enjoy..Added bonus the Outdoor Retailer on TS...

6:10 p.m. on January 29, 2018 (EST)
3,000 reviewer rep
1,140 forum posts

If I could limit access to just Trailspace  I'd be on Facebook in an instant. It's all the other stuff I can't be bothered with as I get older and grumpier and less social!

12:58 p.m. on February 7, 2018 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
873 reviewer rep
3,912 forum posts

For anyone who missed it, here are our Facebook photo albums from the 2018 Outdoor Retailer Winter Market + SnowSports Industries America Snow Show in Denver:

You should not need to have a Facebook account to view the albums.

4:04 p.m. on February 7, 2018 (EST)
4,140 reviewer rep
527 forum posts

Great photos, Alicia. I think I speak for others when I say "thanks for sharing!"

As for what caught my eyes,

Most Intriguing Footwear:

• Merrell Thermo Rogue boots containing PrimaLoft Aerogel
  • Danner Mountain 600 EnduroWeave hiker 

Most Wow-That's-Cool:

• Patagonia's new Micro Puff Storm Jacket

Worst In Show:

• GU Energy Labs special Birthday Cake flavor (gross!)

Also cool to see:

• Outdoor Research's Bitterblaze and Ouray Ice gloves
  • Maine Outdoor Brands - especially cool to see Trailspace represented

Anyone else see anything intriguing? 

2:24 p.m. on February 9, 2018 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
873 reviewer rep
3,912 forum posts

Thanks for the feedback, Kiwi.

I tried the GU Birthday Cake flavor and it was surprisingly better than I expected, not super sweet. It reminded me of vanilla. I only had a taste, but I'd be willing to do a whole gel and see how it goes.

The Patagonia Micro Puff Storm is pretty interesting. I think that was the only sample they even had at the show.

11:21 a.m. on February 10, 2018 (EST)
3,000 reviewer rep
1,140 forum posts

I agree - great photos!  I honestly thought I would have to sign up on FB to see them, but put up with their nagging about signing in to see these.  Hope we get to test some of the new stuff!

August 19, 2018
Quick Reply