Just another hurray!!! for the AA mag-lite

8:24 p.m. on March 21, 2016 (EDT)
107 reviewer rep
524 forum posts

Think everyone already knows how highly I think of the mag, but I just have to give it one more KUDDOS, thought I lost it under the house jacking up the foundation, even went back under twice looking for it. turns out I had put it in another pocket and washed it in the washer on hot water. Two days later it still worked even the duracell batteries. YOU BET THAT LITE IS GOING TO BE IN MY PACK.

8:43 p.m. on March 21, 2016 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
2,695 reviewer rep
1,492 forum posts

...a work of art...that works.

10:54 a.m. on March 22, 2016 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
6,985 reviewer rep
2,277 forum posts

awesome.

i lost my mini-mag years ago (a regular bulb, not an LED) and have basically converted to headlamps for hiking.  i carry two so i have a backup, because they definitely don't rival a mag-lite for durability.

a plug for the mag lites with LED bulbs - they last forever, they handle abuse better, a lot brighter, and batteries last a lot longer with them.  same industrial-strength aluminum housing, waterproof on/off and interface with the bulb housing.  we have a large one, 2 D cell batteries, and it's a mainstay around the house, walking the dog at night, and for the occasional car-camping with the family.  (switch ends and hold the bulb housing, it's heavy and hard enough to club a burglar, too).  

4:14 p.m. on March 22, 2016 (EDT)
2,017 reviewer rep
393 forum posts

John Starnes said:

thought I lost it under the house jacking up the foundation, even went back under twice looking for it.

You should have used a flashlight... =/

4:39 p.m. on March 22, 2016 (EDT)
173 reviewer rep
391 forum posts

I don't have the new led bulb ones,but I know I got 1or2 AA×2 around somewhere. I got a 4seven Preon 2  and a Fenix E12 and both have been great. Now I want to go dig up my mag-lites! Is there a kit to change the old ones to the new led ones?

6:47 p.m. on March 22, 2016 (EDT)
107 reviewer rep
524 forum posts

JRinGeorgia said:

John Starnes said:

thought I lost it under the house jacking up the foundation, even went back under twice looking for it.

You should have used a flashlight... =/

That's great JR. You just gave me the best laugh! That is good

December 6, 2019
Quick Reply