Northville Placid Trail

4:28 p.m. on March 18, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

I'm planing on doing the Northville Placid trail in April. Anyone interested in going, e-mail me.

Dan

2:46 p.m. on March 23, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

If you plan on "doing" the NP trail, ya better bring snowshoes, it' not going to leave the backcountry for some time! There is currently over 4 ft at Piseco, that's at lake elevation, with higher amounts as you gain altitude and venture somewhat westward. Even in late April you will encounter much snow, melting snow and as always, oh boy, MUD. This will carry on for some time, thanks to the late snow that we've had. Of course, after all the snow melts it's going to be prime breeding for our little pesky friends: THE BLACK FLY!! (Clear cool running water), Anyways if you do venture the NP, be prepared and have fun!

Humaka
I'm planing on doing the Northville Placid trail in April. Anyone interested in going, e-mail me.

Quote:

Dan

7:28 a.m. on March 26, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Rick, Rixtory

Dan -
I would hold off a bit on your April plans - as another poster replied, there is still plenty of snow there - That will likely be the case through most of May. You will find that if you plan for June, you will wallow in Mud. The best times I have found for hiking the NLP have been in mid-August through mid-September - No bugs, less mud and fewer people (Althought The NLP usually has very few on it at any given time)
Good luck
Rick

Quote:

Dan

7:45 p.m. on March 26, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

My plans have changed because of school and the number of days I can miss. I will be going later this summer. Thanks for your help,

Dan

August 17, 2018
Quick Reply