Left Jackson Hole Wy for southwestern Utah

8:58 a.m. on September 24, 2014 (EDT)
244 reviewer rep
5,340 forum posts

I took to the road again yesterday and took to the road and two shuttles from Jackson Hole to St George Utah. I am now there and stayed last night in a Motel 6 near the St George Express Shuttle station. Today I am hitchhiking 40 miles to Zion Nat Park. 

PLans are to stay in Zion a few days day hiking and camping in the parks public campground. On Saturday or Sunday and meeting a friend and we are doing a backpacking trip in the Barracks/Parunuweap between Checkerboard Mesa and highway US 89 with side trips up the many slot canyons along it. I have done this many times before (see my past trip reports for the Parunuweap/East Fork of the Virgin River) but it will be my friends first.

Its currently almost 7 am and I will be getting out in about an hour to the road to Zion.

Gary-at-Observation-Point-Zion-Utah.jpg

Me on Observation Point high about Zion a few years ago. Angels Landing is the shadowed point just below to the right. St George is out of sight on the blue horizon.

May 23, 2019
Quick Reply