Tentsile Connect 2P Tree Tent

Next level of tent camping! Roomy and comfortable…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (Kept)

Summary

Next level of tent camping! Roomy and comfortable once you get the hang of setting it up. On the ground or treetop and wherever in between.

Pros

• No tree roots or rocks in your back
  • 4 zipper openings, so no crawling on hands and knees.
  • Roomy and the “floor” is dividable

Cons

• Tree alignment not always optimal
  • The leveler the better
  • Midnight restroom runs from 10 feet (or more) up
  • Not for backpacking, unless the mule is carrying it

I received a Tentsile gift certificate as a reviewer on another website. I added some of my own cash and purchased the Tentsile Connect for its larger size (two-person or one adult and three dogs in my case ). I have used it over the last summer in several different campsites.

The first thing I noticed is the quality of the product. The bottom is heavy duty material, the straps are heavy weight, and the screen is very durable ( my Pomeranian tested that out while trying to go after a squirrel from inside the tent).

Once you get the hang of it (watching the YouTube video is a definite HUGE help) the Connect goes up almost as fast as a comparable size tent. Because of my dogs I did not place mine any higher than about four feet above ground, but if you have mature trees you can go as high up as is advised.

Drawbacks (and this is more me then the tent ): during one of my setups I just could not get the tent level and stretched correctly. It was too swayed, too bouncy, and I kept slowly sliding down the floor. (I’ve had this problem and worse in my truck and ground tenting.)

I found the Tentsile to be much more comfortable with an air mattress, but I think that has more to do with my back. Younger campers and hammockers would not mind the sway.

Overall the best sleep I’ve had in a tent!

Thanks for the review, Michele. Do you have any pictures of your Connect setup you could show others in your review?

Michele Owen