Trailspace 20,000 Reviews Contest: Win Gear
Back in 2001, a little outdoor community called Trailspace hit the world wide web (as it was once known) with a small collection of backcountry gear reviews. Those reviews, on outdoor gear from shelters to snowshoes to soft shells, now total more than 19,600 and counting.
As we approach 20,000 user reviews, we think that milestone is worth celebrating. It also calls for a big thank you to our community members. So, we're giving away some great gear prizes from the likes of Primus, SPOT, Nikwax, Leave No Trace, and the mysterious box of gear in our office.
There are a number of ways to win gear prizes:
- Write the 20,000th Trailspace gear review.
- Write the most helpful Trailspace user review between now and the 20,000th review (as determined by member rankings).
- Write the most helpful Trailspace user review of all time (as determined by member rankings of all user reviews in Trailspace's backcountry gear guide).
- Write a gear review as a Trailspace member between now and the 20,000th review, and be entered in a drawing to win gear prizes.
- a Primus lightweight backpacking stove,
- a SPOT locator beacon with one year of service,
- Nikwax cleaners and treatments to keep your gear in great shape,
- a Princeton Tec headlamp,
- Leave No Trace books and reminders,
- Clif bars,
- CamelBak filter bottles,
- Trailspace hats,
- gift cards,
- plus, other great gear prizes we round up before that 20,000th review is submitted.
To submit a gear review:
- Sign up as a member of Trailspace (if you're not already).
- Read "How to write a killer gear review."
- Find the outdoor gear you want to review in our gear guide. (You can write a review of any backcountry gear, even if it's not already listed on Trailspace.)
- Now, write a really useful review of your backcountry gear.
You don't need to write a review to participate in the Trailspace 20,000 Reviews Contest. Any member can rate user reviews, and help determine the most helpful reviews on the site.
To rate user reviews:
- Be a member of Trailspace, and logged in.
- Click on "Was this review helpful? yes | no" at the bottom of any review, to rate whether you found it helpful (or not so helpful).
- Anyone, with the exception of Trailspace employees and their immediate family members, may enter the contest.
- If you have any personal, professional, or commercial interest in the gear or brand you're reviewing, or its competitors, you must fully disclose that relationship in your review. Failure to do so is grounds for removal.
- Reviews that are commercial, spam, dishonest, inappropriate, off-topic, or judged invalid by Trailspace for any reason, will be removed from Trailspace and will not count toward the 20,000 reviews.
- Reviews must adhere to Trailspace's Community Rules and Guidelines and Terms of Service.
- Trailspace reserves the right to edit or remove any review on its site.
- If you're a winner but cannot be contacted in a timely manner through the email address listed with your Trailspace account, an alternate winner will be announced.
- No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win.