Clothing and Accessories
Find the best outdoor clothing for hiking, backpacking, climbing, trail running, skiing, and more right here. We’ve got you covered for all seasons, conditions, and activities with shorts for summer trail running, down jackets for winter expeditions, pants for your thru-hike, and more.
See our top outdoor apparel picks, including price comparisons, in any product category including down and synthetic insulation, for wind or waterproof-breathable shells, wool and synthetic baselayers, hiking, performance, and climbing apparel, and accessories.
Browse thousands of independent clothing reviews and ratings by real hikers, backpackers, alpinists, trail runners, skiers, and paddlers, to select appropriate, dependable, field-tested apparel for your body’s next adventure.
Recent Outdoor Clothing Product Reviews
Eddie Bauer Men's MicroTherm StormDown Jacket
Was a little disappointed with this jacket. Enjoying a beverage in the Eddie Bauer Microtherm. Which is a bummer because I was really looking forward to this article of clothing. I have had it for two months and have taken it on some pretty good backpacking trips that ranged anywhere from 1-5 days. The temps I have had it in ranged from 4 degrees F to 55 degrees F and I have layered with it and used it solo. It has literally fulfilled every role. The fit on this jacket is spot on for someone of… Full review
Arc'teryx Elaho Shirt LS
The Arc’Teryx Elaho long-sleeve shirt is great for hiking on those hot and sticky summer days. Sleeves can be worn long or secured up to cool off even more. The stretchable fabric is surprisingly durable for being so lightweight. If you want one shirt for multi-day trips or even thru-hikes, the Elaho offers the durability, weight, and comfort for you. About the Reviewer I am 5’9, 160lbs, average build. I have a 40” chest and 31” sleeve length measured as described on the Arc’Teryx size… Full review
Zamberlan Trekking Medium Weight Socks
Excellent pair of technical socks that keep feet (mostly) dry! Having a good outdoors experience greatly depends on the boots you're wearing. I believe that boots comprise 80% and socks the rest 20% of this experience. And 20% is a lot... No matter how breathable your boot/shoe may be your comfort still relies on the direct-to-skin component: your sock. Your skin breathes, even when you're standing still, let alone hiking. Your feet sweat, the sock soaks, and the skin starts to get wrinkly and soft… Full review
Salomon Cruise Gloves
Basic winter gloves that do the job at a good price. I'm more on the hot and sweaty side, because I get warm very easily, so as long as the clothes I'm wearing have good breathability and are durable for the mountaineering hardship I'm good to go. I wore these gloves 3 maybe 4 times in my hiking trips and in temperatures ranging from 7 to 2 Celsius. My hands got sweaty fast...so I take it that their insulation is pretty good. In one trip I encountered some very light rain showers but nothing got… Full review
Patagonia Men's Houdini Jacket
Well constructed, lightweight, and does keep the wind out. Not so good if it gets very wet but in light mist or rain it works fine. Well constructed, very light and easily packable. Runs true to size. I'm about 5'11" 190lbs and the large is just right. Seems very reistant for overall wear. All in all a good light jacket. Full review
Pearl Izumi Men's P.R.O Fly Evo Pullover
It stops ALL wind, all snow, keeps out a surprising amount of the cold, breathes exceedingly well, sheds light rain, and, if it gets wetted out in a heavier rain, it drys quickly. It has more reflective trim than anything I have ever seen. It is durable. Great for biking or running in cool to cold weather, especially in cities where lighting is not good at night. Highly recommended. This really is almost the miracle outer layer for bikers (and I hear that runners like it too). It is so thin, it… Full review
Swanndri Original Wool Bushshirt
The Swanndri Bush shirt in New Zealand has been around for nearly 100 years (just the same as the Empire Wool and Canvas Company Boreal Shirt), pure wool, water and wind proof and almost the uniform for serious outdoor types. A true life saver. So glad that it has been copied in the U.S., that's a real compliment. Full review