Bears... They have a playful side as well...

12:52 p.m. on October 1, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I figured with all the bad publicity our furry friends get regularly it would be nice to show that they have a playful side as well. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToK_xPUntVY

This takes pumpkin carving to a whole new level... I wonder if they are going to make pies...

3:57 p.m. on October 1, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
910 forum posts

This is your head.

This is your head when a grizzly get a hold of it.

11:07 p.m. on October 1, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
983 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

Rick-Pittsburgh said:

I figured with all the bad publicity our furry friends get regularly it would be nice to show that they have a playful side as well. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToK_xPUntVY

This takes pumpkin carving to a whole new level... I wonder if they are going to make pies...

 I'm glad I don't have to eat the shell & all like they did, but I guess they like it. Yep...pumpkin carvin' by Ursa.

11:08 p.m. on October 1, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
983 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

ocalacomputerguy said:

This is your head.

This is your head when a grizzly get a hold of it.

 Haha!

5:55 p.m. on October 2, 2011 (EDT)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

Oh my, what big claws you have !

All the better to rip you apart my dear.

7:25 p.m. on October 2, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

Callahan said:

Oh my, what big claws you have !

All the better to rip you apart my dear.

I agree.  It's wonderful that bears play, just as long as there not using my head as a soccer ball. 

2:06 p.m. on October 3, 2011 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,119 forum posts

 

A Wyoming friend of mine captured images and video of a grizzly and a coyote playing chase one spring morning in Yellowstone quite a few years back. Sorry no video link.

1:00 p.m. on October 4, 2011 (EDT)
153 reviewer rep
235 forum posts

Too bad.  I'd love to see that clip!

August 20, 2014
Quick Reply

Please sign in to reply

 
More Topics
This forum: Older: tent, tarp, bivy or nothing at all? Newer: Michigan backpacking
All forums: Older: For Sale: Arc'teryx Bora 95 Backpack, Black Newer: SOLE Insoles, Ultra cushioning, Ed Viesturs Edition, US Mens Size 11 (but can be trimmed...)