Ride the Divide, heck of a movie.

12:39 a.m. on February 4, 2012 (EST)
119 reviewer rep
456 forum posts

I was digging through Netflixs and found this movie; Ride the Divide it about a continental bike ride/race that follows the same country as the CDT.  It's a good look at the country side and the issues that people have on a long ride/race like this.  It's 2700 miles, or their about.

I found it fun and interesting to watch and see some of the places I have read about on CDT trail reports, like Pie Town!  :)

Take a look at it and let me know what you think!

Wolfman

1:40 a.m. on February 4, 2012 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,514 forum posts

YAY   gonna watch it

12:13 p.m. on February 4, 2012 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,213 forum posts

I saw it last year on Netflix too, I watched and enjoyed it. Its very well done and covers the whole route. Looks like it would be interesting to do. I bicycle tour every time I travel. I have been bike touring since September 1982.

1:02 p.m. on February 4, 2012 (EST)
119 reviewer rep
456 forum posts

Heck Gary, I did not even think about you, but this would be a great trip for you.  Although maybe just as a ride and not a race.  Racing 2700 miles is...  well crazy.  That like that guy that keeps trying to beat his own time on the PCT.  Way to competitive for me. :)  I need to enjoy life more.

As I watched the lady's legs balloon up, i thought about compression socks and the ones you wear on you calf's, I wonder it that would have helped, it did look painful.  I was surprised that she rode through so much of it, not because she was a woman, just because the pain that must have been evolved.  But it's great that she finished. 

wolfman

October 22, 2014
Quick Reply