19.5" Gregory Packs

10:53 a.m. on January 19, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

I have a 19.5" torso length and I'm looking to buy a Gregory Pack online due to cost. I tried a Large on in the store and it seemed to fit, but now I'm thinking about a medium. If anyone has some feedback I would appreciate it. Thanks.

10:01 a.m. on January 20, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Rich

If anyone has some feedback I would appreciate it. Thanks.
The Gregory owner manual states that if you are in between sizes to go with the smaller pack. I was sort of in between sizes small and med. and bought the med because of bad advise. Now I realize the pack is a tad too long for me. I'm selling it and buying a McHale.

11:27 a.m. on January 22, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

I am also a 19.5" torso. In my recent pack hunt, I purchased a medium-sized Gregory Shasta. It fits great. I was able to swap out the hipbelt, however. One of the nice things about buying a Gregory is the ability to get exactly what you want. You will probably be happier with a medium Gregory pack. But unless you try it on, how will you know which size hip belt and shoulder harness to get with it? Just something to consider.

4:11 p.m. on January 23, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Spend a few extra scubs and go to small climbing shop and have someone that knows what the hell they are doing fit you. Don't limit yourself to one brand. Find the RIGHT pack for YOU! By doing business this way you are supporting your local shop so they will be around to try before you buy. Don't be one of those guys that has all kinds of gear that don't work right for him cause he wanted to save a few bucks. Packs, boots, sleeping bags should all be purchased this way. My 2cents. Good Luck!

9:08 p.m. on February 25, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

You are right in the middle of their size range. I am the same size. I bought a large Robson a few years back and it has always been too big (any buyers out there?). The other guy is right; in the Gregory Pro or Adventure series you are a medium.

BUT, the Gregory Escape series runs differently. I had the opposite problem here: I sold the medium Reality that I bought, thinking I was an "all-around medium Gregory guy", and my new large Reality fits me like a glove. Check around and get fitted.

October 25, 2014
Quick Reply