Pivetta Muir trail boots

12:09 p.m. on December 12, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

Is the company still in business, do they still import boots, if so where?

3:31 p.m. on December 13, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Jerry S.

I have had three pairs of Pivetta 8's, classic mountaineering boots, all leather, leather lined, one of which was recently resoled by Komito Boots in Estes Park. Hidden welt design, great comfort, beautiful construction. I couldn't find Pivetta around anymore, so in the past few years, have been purchasing Scarpa mountaineering boots. They're the old Fabiano company, and their last, in my opinion, is similar to Pivettas. My Pivettas are in very good to excellent condition and the resoling is perfect. If you happen to wear a size 43, I can make you a good deal/price on them. I haven't worn them since the resoling in spring of 2001. Classic (and modern day) Italian boots are the best!

Quote:

8:44 a.m. on December 17, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

Quote:

I have been looking for Pivetta boots for years, but have not had any success. I bought mine in the late 60's and would still be wearing them if they had not been stolen! If anyone out there knows how to find these boots, it looks like there are others besides me that would be very appreciative!

Mine were the same description as the other posts: grey suede outside with glove leather inside. They broke in immediately, were extremely comfortable and provided great support. After years of use in Yosemite (not in the valley)and Kings Canyon National Parks they still looked and felt great. Sure would like to find another pair!

5:04 p.m. on December 29, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

I did the same search about 2 years ago. Also had REI and EMS do some looking. Posted messages thru out. Also had a friend in Italy do some looking.

They are no more.

Pivettas were great shoes. Went thru 3 pairs and acouple resoles.

Quote:

5:04 p.m. on December 29, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

I did the same search about 2 years ago. Also had REI and EMS do some looking. Posted messages thru out. Also had a friend in Italy do some looking.

They are no more.

Pivettas were great shoes. Went thru 3 pairs and acouple resoles.

Quote:

7:37 p.m. on February 28, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

Quote:

I too am looking for Pivetta's. After 30 years mine are just begionning to show their age. I have had other boots along the way, but no matter how expensive i burn through them in a year or two. If anyone has a lead, let me know

9:14 p.m. on April 10, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

I just found this post poking around for used boots to replace my stolen zamberlands, and was wondering if you still have the boots you mention above.
Contact me at tmines@haverford.edu if you catch this.
many thanks,
thatcher

Quote:

I have had three pairs of Pivetta 8's, classic mountaineering boots, all leather, leather lined, one of which was recently resoled by Komito Boots in Estes Park. Hidden welt design, great comfort, beautiful construction. I couldn't find Pivetta around anymore, so in the past few years, have been purchasing Scarpa mountaineering boots. They're the old Fabiano company, and their last, in my opinion, is similar to Pivettas. My Pivettas are in very good to excellent condition and the resoling is perfect. If you happen to wear a size 43, I can make you a good deal/price on them. I haven't worn them since the resoling in spring of 2001. Classic (and modern day) Italian boots are the best!

Quote:

Quote:

August 30, 2014
Quick Reply