It's been driving me crazy for too long...

1:38 p.m. on July 1, 2012 (EDT)
155 reviewer rep
99 forum posts

Do any of you live in Canada? And if you do, do you remember Canadian tire selling a funky instant pup-tent in the late eighties? It was silver, single walled, had a door at either end, a small window/vent at the middle on either side, and was almost geodesic looking. To set it up you just dropped it on the ground, pulled the sides apart at one end, then did the same for the other end and you were done. (Aside from the stakes.) The poles were inside the tent and joined together with plastic hubs. I've tried to find an image of one for years, with no success, and I would love to know if anyone besides myself has ever seen or owned one. 

Thanx all!

Peace!

2:29 p.m. on July 3, 2012 (EDT)
1,357 reviewer rep
1,339 forum posts

I live in Canada and I seem to recall a model like that. There were a whole slew of geodesic dome styles that came out after Expo '67 and they stayed around for a while after. However Canadian Tire tents were (and are) pretty much crap.

The latest/greatest are those popup tents they're carrying now. Same problem, though - single wall, not waterproof, poor quality fabric - designed more as a novelty than a real tent.

July 25, 2014
Quick Reply