Found: Yogi's PCT Handbook section 19-28

3:34 p.m. on July 1, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
269 forum posts

If anyone hangs out on a PCT/Thru hikers forum, I found the cut out section of this book at Summit Lake along the PCT which is north of Sierra City and the Sierra Buttes.  Nice shape so it much have just been lost/left the last day or two.  I was camped Saturday night at Gold Lake in the OHV area, where I hiked in.  They won't need it for over a week or so I'm guessing, not sure how long it takes to get from my neck of the woods to Seiad Valley which is #19 per the book.

Duane

6:19 p.m. on July 1, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,347 reviewer rep
1,320 forum posts

Duane, I your message on the "PCT Class of 2012" Group on FB with a link back to Trailspace.

8:30 p.m. on July 1, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
269 forum posts

Thank you.  Funny, I know a guy from Sacramento, Ron, who should have been through this area the last day or two.  I emailed his live in renter who is supposed to meet him this next week and I'm headed to Lake Almanor next Friday after work to spend a night with her and her son.  Sure would be coincidence if it was his.  He has a blog, I just havn't followed it.

Duane

9:13 p.m. on July 1, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,347 reviewer rep
1,320 forum posts

Yep, it'd be nice if the hiker gets the book back ... they'll probably miss it.

Ohhhh, Lake Almanor!  I had some of my photography in a gallery in Chester a few years back, and spent quite a bit of time up there that summer.

9:38 p.m. on July 1, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
269 forum posts

I wonder how long it would take someone to miss their reference.  I live less than an hour from Almanor.  Some of us who worked for the same company some years back,  would spend a weekend there in last August, ski, fish, drink beer, hangout.

Duane

10:06 p.m. on July 1, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,347 reviewer rep
1,320 forum posts

It's hard to say.  I suppose not until they needed it ... or wanted to scope out the next section of trail.

5:27 a.m. on July 2, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
269 forum posts

They may have been sobo too, as the reference had some impressed mosquitoes inside the back cover.  Contra to that, is it looked like it had note been flipped thru and read.

Duane

December 19, 2014
Quick Reply