Kelty Zen

4:28 a.m. on July 24, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

I'm considering getting a Kelty Zen, but I noticed that the foot is only 34", which is too narrow for 2 therm-a-rests, but it looks like the taper may allow for them if they are positioned close to the other end...So, I'm wondering if anyone out there has tried putting 2 therma-rests in the zen. Also, I noticed there is an 'old-style' and 'new-style' zen, and am wondering if you gear-freaks that actually keep up on this info know the difference. :)

11:47 a.m. on July 24, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

Considering that the Zen is 92 inches long and the longest thermarest that I know of is 72" (I only use the long in the winter, though) there is plenty of room to have them sided by side if you keep both pads towards the front of the tent - Keep in mind that it is 34 inches wide at the foot only and gradually expands out to almost 60" near the middle.
Also, the difference is that There are 2 windows on the new version as well as a front vent built into the fly.
Rick

Quote:

I'm considering getting a Kelty Zen, but I noticed that the foot is only 34", which is too narrow for 2 therm-a-rests, but it looks like the taper may allow for them if they are positioned close to the other end...So, I'm wondering if anyone out there has tried putting 2 therma-rests in the zen. Also, I noticed there is an 'old-style' and 'new-style' zen, and am wondering if you gear-freaks that actually keep up on this info know the difference. :)

1:26 a.m. on July 25, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

Quote:

Considering that the Zen is 92 inches long and the longest thermarest that I know of is 72" (I only use the long in the winter, though) there is plenty of room to have them sided by side if you keep both pads towards the front of the tent - Keep in mind that it is 34 inches wide at the foot only and gradually expands out to almost 60" near the middle.
Also, the difference is that There are 2 windows on the new version as well as a front vent built into the fly.
Rick

Quote:

Quote:

July 23, 2014
Quick Reply