iPhone case Stun Gun

3:49 p.m. on July 21, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,270 forum posts

As I read about this, I wondered if it would be useful as a line of last defense in a close encounter with a bear, a big cat, etc..  Obviously by the time the animal is close enough for you to use this, you're in serious trouble.  But, let's say a bear has torn open your tent & you have no way out...

What say you all? :)

http://preview.tinyurl.com/cwkkod8

11:46 p.m. on July 21, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
606 forum posts

This makes me wonder if a taser gun would have much effect on a bear. Everyone seems to be looking for a nonlethal method to stop a bear or other wild animal. I dont know if anybody has ever tried to tase a bear. If the barbs would penetrate the fur and reack the skin it should knock him down just like a person. You would prob need longer,heavier barbs to make it work on a bear.

1:16 p.m. on July 22, 2012 (EDT)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

I think you may as well shoot yourself.

9:30 p.m. on July 22, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
606 forum posts

I carry a .45 long colt cowboy gun. I was more thinking about the anti-gun folks.

1:44 a.m. on July 23, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
813 reviewer rep
515 forum posts

I've watched a video made by Taser and they showed a special use Taser which was deployed on a one thousand pound bull. It knocked it down for 5 seconds which is the length of time the Taser operates per trigger pull. However, once it was over, that bull was up and very pissed off and headed straight for the cameraman. Fortunately, it was in a pen when they tased it.

6:44 a.m. on July 24, 2012 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
2,285 forum posts

Just spread hummus over yourself before bed.  No animal is crazy enough to eat that stuff.

Ed

9:25 a.m. on July 24, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

I take it you're none to fond of hummus, Ed? 

I don't think a taser is likely to impede a bear much. There's also the issue of good contact; I'm pretty sure a bear's thick hair would be problematic. 

September 2, 2014
Quick Reply