Backside Backsider

3:09 p.m. on July 12, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

Sorry to spam the board, I'll probably be writing many more messages as I'm going backpacking for the first time (other than back in boy scouts :P) later this summer... I found the Backside Backsider for $90 and from the stats it looks like a good backpacking bag that will fit my needs (especially for that price) but I couldn't find a single review of this bag online. Anyone familiar with it? Thanks :)

11:01 p.m. on July 12, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

Not familiar with the Backsider, but I got 2 Backside Down Under 0 degree mummies from Wyoming River Raiders for $120 each a while ago. They stuff down really small, weigh about 3 1/2 lbs each, have awesome hoods, an interior pocket in the chest baffle. They kept me quite warm this winter and are one of the roomier bags I've had - plenty of room at the foot for water and boots in winter camping. No side baffle, so you can shift down from bottom to top if you need it. A few nits to pick: the zipper draft guards both end up on top when you mate a left and right, the cloth flap at the bottom of the zippers could be more airtight, and I think the interior baffles could be a little deeper than the 4" they seem to be, although the bag lofts up quite nicely. I don't think I would have paid the full asking price ($300) for the bag, but for $120 it was a steal.

August 29, 2014
Quick Reply