Backside Backsider

3:09 p.m. on July 12, 2001 (EDT)

Sorry to spam the board, I'll probably be writing many more messages as I'm going backpacking for the first time (other than back in boy scouts :P) later this summer... I found the Backside Backsider for $90 and from the stats it looks like a good backpacking bag that will fit my needs (especially for that price) but I couldn't find a single review of this bag online. Anyone familiar with it? Thanks :)

11:01 p.m. on July 12, 2001 (EDT)

Not familiar with the Backsider, but I got 2 Backside Down Under 0 degree mummies from Wyoming River Raiders for $120 each a while ago. They stuff down really small, weigh about 3 1/2 lbs each, have awesome hoods, an interior pocket in the chest baffle. They kept me quite warm this winter and are one of the roomier bags I've had - plenty of room at the foot for water and boots in winter camping. No side baffle, so you can shift down from bottom to top if you need it. A few nits to pick: the zipper draft guards both end up on top when you mate a left and right, the cloth flap at the bottom of the zippers could be more airtight, and I think the interior baffles could be a little deeper than the 4" they seem to be, although the bag lofts up quite nicely. I don't think I would have paid the full asking price ($300) for the bag, but for $120 it was a steal.

November 27, 2015
Quick Reply