Coleman hiking boots

6:27 a.m. on July 12, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

I tried on some Coleman hiking boots at Big 5 called 'Cascade' (They also had some called 'Olympia' but they were identical...) but I can find NO mention of these anywhere on the internet. Has anyone used these or know if they're decent? Thanks.

8:56 a.m. on July 12, 2001 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts
Coleman hiking boots I had sucked! I now use them for cutting grass.......

If you want to be comfortable and blister free, stick with a name brand boot.

You can get some great bargains on the internet. I found a pair of Vasque Vista Gore-Tex lined boots (size 10) for $53.00.

9:43 a.m. on July 12, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

They look all right but the tongue is awful and the support is awful. I wouldn't recomend. Coleman usually makes quality, relatively inexpensive products, that probably don't suit the tastes of most of the gearsnobs who visit this sight, but they really mised the mark on their boots.

11:03 p.m. on July 12, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

Don't dis Coleman hiking boots!! c'mon!! We've all had crappy boots at one time or another!!

Hahaha...

I didn't know Coleman made hiking boots. Maybe it's a good thing...

If you don't like them Ed, they must really be crappy!

Got Asolo's and they kill me. Tried on some Lowa's and they are very good. They seem to be very well engineered with regard to foot geometry. C'mon tax refund!!!

Just saw there was a Lee here already...Sorry if I caused any confusion...Or mayhem...Or...

5:53 a.m. on July 13, 2001 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts
Speaking of tax refund....

My wife was hired recently by the Orange County,Fl Parks and Recreation Dept as an Exercise Physiologist/Site Supervisor.

Everytime I buy new camping equipment or go camping...another tax deduction!!!!

You didn't cause any confusion. When I saw the post's title I did get a chuckle out of it! Nothing wrong with having a sense of humour.

10:47 p.m. on July 13, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

Oh Yeah? Well...

...Everytime I buy a new piece of gear, I'm one step closer to qualifying for foodstamps!!!

Know anybody that wants to buy some crappy hiking boots, well broken in?

My feet are just well broken.

10:09 p.m. on July 18, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

I was given a pair of Coleman Acadia's as a gift while shopping for a pair of boots. I was hesitant at first, but grew to love these boots as light hikers. I used them carrying loads up to 40lbs and moderate climbs with no complaints/hotspots/blisters. they are completely impervious up to the gusset on the tongues. my only gripe is that i once soaked them through while wading up to my shins and the nylon inserts have chirped like crickets ever since. i've tried duck tape and loads of talcom powder to ease the squeaking to no avial. any hints?

1:56 p.m. on September 16, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

Quote:

I tried on some Coleman hiking boots at Big 5 called 'Cascade' (They also had some called 'Olympia' but they were identical...) but I can find NO mention of these anywhere on the internet. Has anyone used these or know if they're decent? Thanks.

I have had afew pairs of coleman boots that I used for construction work and liked them .I can't seem to find any store that carries them in the Orlando FL area.

2:03 p.m. on September 16, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

Quote:

I have had a few pair of them that I used for work boots and liked them.I can't find any in the Orlando FL area does anyone know of a store or catalog that carries them.

1:22 a.m. on September 22, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

Coleman boots are actually made by Wolverine boots. I had a pair called "waterproof hikers" that I got for $35 at wal-mart. By far the most comfortable and best built boots I have ever had. They were totally waterproof unless you went swimming in them, had great support and were really tough. It is possible that I just happened to get a great pair or that they just fit my feet better, but I really liked them.

6:32 p.m. on May 31, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Guys,
About one year ago I too bought a pait of these boots. They were called "BRAHMA"-"WARRIOR II". I still have them and can't find them anywherre. I checked at the store and was told that coleman made them for walmart. Thanks for telling me that they are wolverine boots.

3:11 p.m. on August 12, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

I too, have had trouble with squeaking Acadias. I have found that if you continue wearing them (I've worn out two pair), they'll stop after about a month. Sorry, no other hints, though. I'm now in a desperate search for more Acadias, and they're discontinuing them. Do you have any idea where I might be able to find them? Have called three outlet malls so far, to no avail.
Thanks
Stacy

5:58 p.m. on March 28, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

Coleman boots are actually made by Wolverine boots. I had a pair called "waterproof hikers" that I got for $35 at wal-mart. By far the most comfortable and best built boots I have ever had. They were totally waterproof unless you went swimming in them, had great support and were really tough. It is possible that I just happened to get a great pair or that they just fit my feet better, but I really liked them.

I am trying to find a pair of coleman hiking boots for my father, he has a pair he has had for years and loves them but they need to be replaced. where do I find them?

September 16, 2014
Quick Reply