Update on the goat case

12:49 p.m. on August 31, 2012 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,627 reviewer rep
1,274 forum posts

http://www.king5.com/news/Judge-dismisses-claims-in-fatal-Olympic-National-Park-goat-attack-167093195.html?c=n

The widow of the man killed by a goat lost her suit against the federal government.

12:55 p.m. on August 31, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

So there is still some liability on the park's end but for the most part the most parts of the case were dismissed. 

Hmmmm.

As much as my heart goes out to the family of this individual I also have to say it is nice to see that boundaries were made in regards to what levels of liability were enforced.

I hear of so many frivolous lawsuits that fly in civil courts everywhere. Some of which I just shake my head at. 

That whole preponderance of evidence can be a bad "mamma jamma" at times. 

Thanks for the update Sage. 

5:29 p.m. on August 31, 2012 (EDT)
255 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

onerous on the wild is that it is wild

9:57 p.m. on September 2, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
606 forum posts

I didnt realize how big the goat was, 370lbs is a huge goat.

1:43 p.m. on September 3, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
596 forum posts

Killing is too good for that goat... I say it should be forced to live with Ryan Secrest for a week!

3:40 p.m. on September 3, 2012 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
843 forum posts

it would probably kill him too!

11:46 p.m. on September 3, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
723 reviewer rep
938 forum posts

While my heart goes out to the victim's family, I am encouraged by the ruling. If the court had ruled for the plaintiff, how far would that have gone? When Montana residents can now shoot wolves on sight, perhaps they would then be able to sue for damages to livestock. I'm not saying that wolves do not kill prey animals, that is their nature. However, the loss of few calves, IMHO, is worth the grazing subsidies the ranchers have received for decades, as well as having the substantiated  benefits of having a healthy prey/predator ecosystem.

2:18 p.m. on September 4, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

My sentiments are the same, it is deeply saddening and tragic, but blame cannot be justly placed on the park. 

November 27, 2014
Quick Reply