Ski Pass or not to Ski Pass?

10:49 a.m. on September 6, 2012 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,627 reviewer rep
1,274 forum posts

Looks like the weather gurus are divided on how our winter will shape up for the Pacific NW.   Most are saying an average winter: El Nino Neutral. 

I am hoping to use all the skis I salvaged for the kids from yard sales this Summer. 

Granting that most predictions are wrong by nature, what are you hearing about this comming winter in your area?

9:32 p.m. on September 6, 2012 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
843 forum posts

our weatherguy says its going to bo a moderate el nino with normal rain / snowfall. whatever normal is. expecting 2 to 3 feet at san jacinto. good for dayhikes and snowshoeing.

8:58 a.m. on September 17, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
57 forum posts

I'm in Tennessee and they couldn't guess our weather if their lives depended on it.

6:01 p.m. on September 20, 2012 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,627 reviewer rep
1,274 forum posts

Another source saying that the Northwest is in for an average (whatever that is) winter.  Drought is predicted for the Midwest and tons of cold snow for the East Coast (lucky dogs) and a wet South.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-aPHbibAaF8Q/UAxruwZh0VI/AAAAAAAAH4Y/LGeKdwIzp4I/s1600/5.png

Normal winter for us in the NW usually means skiing by mid November thru Spring Break.

Still though the buggest way to look like a fool is to claim to know what the weather will do so I guess its still sort of a crapshoot. I'm waiting to buy the season's ski pass.

7:44 p.m. on September 20, 2012 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
843 forum posts

I don't think we're going to have epic snowfall. spring skiing will be dicey this year.

December 21, 2014
Quick Reply