Ecco boots

1:19 p.m. on March 20, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

I'm planning on buying some Ecco hiking boots. Are these good-bad? They were super comfortable, but I want durable too.

10:00 a.m. on March 29, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

I'm planning on buying some Ecco hiking boots. Are these good-bad? They were super comfortable, but I want durable too.

I've run in to a few folks who have used Ecco boots hiking and have found them to be very disappointed. Yes, they are quite comfy, but seem to wear through the soles very fast. They may have improved their sole material (this was a year or so back) for durability. This would be worth investigating. Have they gone to a Vibram soul, or improved on their old ones? The people who I've spoken with were bummed because they seemed to have found a comfy boot, but had it fall apart on their first real hikes in them. Plus the high price of these boots made the let-down even worse. This brand is new to the field and seems to be more geared to the urban dweller. Try other brands while you're at it, take time to find the best fit.

10:08 a.m. on March 29, 2001 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
942 forum posts

Mark-

Have you looked in the gear reviews section of the site?

We just finished some clean-up of the boots page so things are easier to find, and there are a few reviews of Ecco boots.

-Dave

2:50 a.m. on March 30, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

ditto Ecco's don't last (nt)

wear out fast!!

August 29, 2014
Quick Reply