interested in hearing from anyone who has backpacked in montana national forests. especially kootenai or flat head.

8:29 p.m. on June 16, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

hey everyone i'm back for more. after reading all of the very helpful reviews on my (much too broad and unfocused) solicitation for thoughts on a backpacking trip, and having done a lot of internet research over the last week or so, i am looking at some montana national forests for a 7 days backpacking trip. perhaps using the town of whitefish as a jumping off point and doing the trip from there. would love to hear from anyone who has been there for a trip or is otherwise familiar. terrain, level of difficulty, gear, wildlife, weather, etc etc. 7 day trip in september or october. thanks!!!

12:14 a.m. on June 24, 2013 (EDT)
21 reviewer rep
1,162 forum posts

I really like the country up around Libby and Yak Meadows which is not that far from Whitefish.  Lots of wildlife.

September 19, 2014
Quick Reply