Is it too early to think about skiing?

6:32 p.m. on August 2, 2013 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,325 reviewer rep
1,206 forum posts

Am I the only one thinking about ski season already?

According to NOAA its going to be a La-Nada winter this year; El Niño neutral. 

I think this means that we get an "average" winter, whatever that is.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/enso_advisory/ensodisc.html

I'm going to hit yard sales and swap meets to update my gear.  I might try to finagle a discounted season pass to the ski hill.

6:39 p.m. on August 3, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

I constantly think about the season ahead rather than the season I am experiencing at the moment.  That is not my best quality, that's just the way I roll.

10:53 p.m. on August 3, 2013 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,080 forum posts

I think about winter every summer day, I am not currently a down hill skier but used to cross country 33 years ago. But I think how cold it could be if I am not dressed comfortably.

I was just looking at down jackets for the weather here this winter in SW Utah near Zion and 5203 feet above sea level, doesn't snow here a lot but it does get cold. And much of my hiking will be out on rim country and bench lands that will have snow as their only water sources. 

6:27 p.m. on August 4, 2013 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
836 forum posts

the weather man I watch says there appears to be a la nina forming. that means a cooler and drier winter this year.

10:38 p.m. on August 5, 2013 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,225 reviewer rep
1,261 forum posts

FromSagetoSnow said:

Am I the only one thinking about ski season already?

I can't believe we're this far through summer already!!! :-(

11:09 p.m. on August 5, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
938 forum posts

It's never too early. Today my 5-year-old told me that she wished it was colder so we could go skiing.

I think about it pretty much every day. My last day of the 2012-13 season was June 27. I probably won't be able to ski again until late October or early November. My legs usually start really yearning for turns in mid-September.

11:19 p.m. on August 5, 2013 (EDT)
15 reviewer rep
33 forum posts

already picking out my new Volkls!

10:08 p.m. on August 6, 2013 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
973 reviewer rep
598 forum posts

It was 8 degrees celcius here last night so the white stuff cant be far away right? Maybe a little wishful thinking but I do what I can to get through the summer!

2:11 p.m. on August 12, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,995 forum posts

Nope, not too early!

July 30, 2014
Quick Reply