Spring Breakers rescue on Appalachian trail..

12:42 p.m. on March 28, 2014 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,061 forum posts

http://www.Wyff4.com/News/wintery-storm-strands-spring-breakers-forces-Rescue/275173758

I find this intersting like the rescue we had near me..A women from Florida thought hiking 3 miles without proper water and insulation was not warented for her day hike and she got lost and had to be rescued by 2 Fire Departments..

Do people think the AT is that easy?

9:48 p.m. on March 29, 2014 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
843 forum posts

Broke link...wanted to see it. it gets pretty bad when they can't even go three miles without needing a rescue.

10:42 p.m. on March 29, 2014 (EDT)
43 reviewer rep
112 forum posts
7:52 a.m. on March 30, 2014 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,699 reviewer rep
1,307 forum posts

It sounds like they were slightly prepared and at least had the common sense to hunker down in a shelter and wait.

sounds like they didnt have the proper clothing for the conditions or dry spare clothing for camp, not sure if they had any other shelter besides the 2 man tent for the five of them. at least they had sleeping bags.

They definitely could have been better prepared. I wish more people that found themselves in a situation with the weather turning to something they arnt prepared for to just stop and set up shelter and get in to stay dry.

8:21 p.m. on April 5, 2014 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
843 forum posts

sounds like they weren't prepared for winter hiking. no snowshoes, only a two person tent, no extra dry clothing. just a bunch of nineteen year olds with no supervision...

August 21, 2014
Quick Reply