Marmot ALpine XCR jacket

7:24 p.m. on February 6, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Any thoughts/opinons on this jacket as a good shell for winter and breathable jacket for fishing in summertime rain. The price would be around $200 on Moosejaw. Thanks for any help.

CUTBOW

9:57 p.m. on February 14, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

Any thoughts/opinons on this jacket as a good shell for winter and breathable jacket for fishing in summertime rain. The price would be around $200 on Moosejaw. Thanks for any help.

CUTBOW

I picked one up from MooseJaw. Its almost impossible to find a GoreTex shell for under $200. The sleeves are 3 ply and torso 2 ply. My only complaint is the mesh line is only in the torso. Not sure why they didn't run it down the arms. Looks like a good all around jacket.

I'm leaving tommorrow for a cross country ski and winter camp trip in the Boundary Waters canoe Area near Canada, plan to use it in some spring climbing in Colorado, and bring it canoeing this summer.

waldo

August 22, 2014
Quick Reply