About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

gossomar with a tarp?

3:16 p.m. on March 16, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

How about a Eureka Gossomar with the fly tucked away, but under a tarp, during mild temperatures? Just curious what some of you more experienced folks might say.

Thanks,
john

4:10 p.m. on March 17, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Had Eureka Goss for a coupla years and switched to a JackWolfskin soloist about 3-4 years ago. (Also owned by JWA) and both used to be available at the eureka outlet. The JW line is no longer at the outlet, though...

With all the super lightwieght solo tents out now, I wouldn't even bother woth a cramped goss and a tarp. But if you really want to try the tarp, just get some bulk no-see-um from Campmor and sew it to the tarp. Should work great.
FTR, was at REI yesterday and they now have MSR tents (owned by REI). Wow - Great construction - the new Solo MSR looks like a helluva tent.

Quote:

How about a Eureka Gossomar with the fly tucked away, but under a tarp, during mild temperatures? Just curious what some of you more experienced folks might say.

Thanks,
john

11:09 a.m. on March 18, 2002 (EST)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts
I had the goose a more.....

Feel the same way John does. Nice light tent, but real hard to get dressed/undressed in it. One almost has to suspend a tarp over the thing in wet weather. But if you don't mind the minimum amount of space, it was truly a great foul weather shelter. I am now seriously looking into the new Eureka Zeuss 2 EXO series for a light tent.

April 23, 2014
Quick Reply