About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Mountain Hardware Tri-Light 1

11:03 a.m. on April 22, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Has anyone ever used the MH Tri-Light 1 or have heard anything about it. I'm looking for a freestanding solo tent, and the only ones I've found are the MH Tri-Light 1 and the Marmot Eclipse. The Eclipse seems good, but it is much heavier than the Tri-Light 1. However, I haven't heard or seen any reviews of this tent. Any advice?

2:24 a.m. on April 25, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Jason Phelps

Tri-Light rocks, especially if you must have a free standing tent. Big Bucks tho... If you don't need the freestanding you could get try MH Solitude - MH discontinued them this season, but REI online had em' for $116!!

Quote:

Has anyone ever used the MH Tri-Light 1 or have heard anything about it. I'm looking for a freestanding solo tent, and the only ones I've found are the MH Tri-Light 1 and the Marmot Eclipse. The Eclipse seems good, but it is much heavier than the Tri-Light 1. However, I haven't heard or seen any reviews of this tent. Any advice?

3:20 p.m. on April 25, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. cron

This tent is too short for someone longer than 5' 11in, fly entrance hard to close from inside the tent(prefer side entrance), tent really needs to be staked out on all four corners to maximunize room(more stakes to carry), and fly door rest on the ground when opened which can screw up the zipper when raining.

ron

3:30 p.m. on April 25, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. cron

Have a look at the SD ultra light year on sale for 209 at northerern mountain supply.com.

Quote:

ron

April 16, 2014
Quick Reply