dana designs a-tarp and javelina

3:42 p.m. on April 23, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

i just found a great deal on dana designs A Tarp and the Javelina. i don't have experience with either, and would like to know what everybody prefers. the 11 oz. weight difference doesn't matter to me, but ease of setup, durability, ventilation, and comfort do. thanks for the help.

7:44 p.m. on April 23, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Do you use hiking poles? If not, you'll need to make other arrangements for the javelina because poles are not included...

8:06 p.m. on April 23, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

yes i use hiking poles. they extend to 55 inches. is this adequate? other than that are there any other comments you have concerning the tents?

9:18 p.m. on April 23, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

The poles you use are certainly adequate. The tents are very nice. The only knock against them was the price, but at $99 plus $1 for shipping, that is a great deal.

9:50 p.m. on April 23, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

which one do you prefer

which one do you prefer?

7:46 a.m. on April 24, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Re: which one do you prefer

I've never used either, but have seen the javelina and think it is a nice tent. I like the idea of using trekking poles for support, but this doesn't work for people who don't use trekking poles (like me).

3:08 a.m. on May 4, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Forrest Hutchinson
Where did you find the good deal?

Quote:

I've never used either, but have seen the javelina and think it is a nice tent. I like the idea of using trekking poles for support, but this doesn't work for people who don't use trekking poles (like me).

5:51 p.m. on May 6, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Re: Where did you find the good deal?

Forrest:
Try here, for a Javelina at great discount. I'm just a customer.
- Tramper Al.

http://www.northernmountain.com/kdlist.html

Quote:

Quote:

12:36 a.m. on May 7, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. michael wright
www.northernmountain.com

i bought the a-tarp and love it. but you also need trekking poles for it or sticks you find or slung between two trees. i have only used the trekking pole way, but i was quite impressed with the tent.

11:15 a.m. on June 20, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

janelina Probs

I purchased the Javelina from northen mountain and took it on a three week trip to the boundary waters and had nothing but problems with it. I did not use trecking poles, used a line and paddles instead. It worked as good as the treking poles woulf have, but it collectd puddles of water on the head and foot of the tent. If anyone wants to byit off of me cheap write jclenzo@hotmail.com

August 1, 2014
Quick Reply