anyone here into "geocaching"?

10:57 a.m. on May 22, 2002 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

Could you please give a little description of this? Sounds like a truly fascinating game. Any specific rules? Can anyone with a GPSR go out and start hunting without being a member of a club? I have visited the geocaching web site and have obtained a couple of waypoints near my home.

4:40 p.m. on May 30, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Gorge Hiker

http://www.geocaching.com/

looks interesting. Seems like there are variations on the game.

1:09 a.m. on August 8, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. mikec him, mikechmi
It's a great game

Quote:

Could you please give a little description of this? Sounds like a truly fascinating game. Any specific rules? Can anyone with a GPSR go out and start hunting without being a member of a club? I have visited the geocaching web site and have obtained a couple of waypoints near my home.

I've found over 200 caches in 40+ states and placed 5 (1 of which is consindered among the best in the North Eastern US). I'd be more then willing to answer any questions you had. Or check the forums on www.navicache.com they tend to be friendlier then geocaching.com's forums and more on topic.

Other then that just go out and do it. Since it's a pretty much unregulated sport you'll have everything from complete crap caches that are a waste of time to truly amazing adventures. You'll find everything from junk in the cache to Cd's and DVD's to little hiking stuff and very very rarely more expensive items. Usually though it's junk but I don't cache for the items, it's for the hunt and the hike.

September 3, 2014
Quick Reply