Older Wilderness X frame pack

6:34 p.m. on May 27, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Back about 1980 I purchased a wilderness experience x internal frame pack. Its a little shorter than my wife's lowe australis 80. The material is heavier and is a dark blue color. The internal frame is 2 aluminum bars set in an X configuration. Its very comfortable. I purchased it in Lansing Michigan at a back packing store. I didn't know much about packs at the time-still don't- but I've been very pleased with it. The salesman said it was a new model designed to compete with the then very expensive lowe expedition. Recently I purchased my wife a Lowe Alpine pack and notice that, at least to my eyes, there haven't been a lot of noticeable changes in pack designs other than materials. Her Lowe has the internal frme in a parallel configuration.

I'm curious now, does anyone know the history or model name of this wilderness pack.

November 20, 2014
Quick Reply