Meindl Nepal Pro or Scarpa SL ?

11:02 a.m. on July 9, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Which boot should I buy between these two models ? Does anyone out there has any experience with them ?

9:23 a.m. on July 10, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

I have scarpa SL...

but they are about 1/4 size too big. Great boots but out of the box they are very stiff and have a pretty long break-in time. I've tried to double socks, but it's too hot to do that in the south so I don't wear mine anymore.

1:10 p.m. on July 10, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. jeff keeney

Quote:

I have the Scarpa SL's and love them. Have had them about 3 years - they are holding up very well and, for me, were comfortable out of the box. Use them for general hiking and backpacking (have plastics for climbing). Wear them with a thin liner sock and a heavy wool sock - this combination seems to work well.

8:04 a.m. on July 11, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Get the Scarpa's

Couple years ago, I bought a pair of Midweight Limmers at the Conway homeoffice. I spent 3 hours walking around trying to decide between sizes. I took the advice of Limmer and bought the smaller pair. Bad decision. The boots were just small enough that my longer toe is hitting the front of the toebox on downhills

10:36 a.m. on July 17, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Re: Get the Scarpa's

I also have size 50 European and am thinking about buying the Scarpa SL's, why did you pick the wides instead of the regular. My foot is fairly normal for a 50 european, not too wide not too skinny. Any reason to have the wides instead of the normal?

9:45 a.m. on July 18, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Scarpa SL's 1/4 size too big

I was wondering what size your SL's are? I may be interested in them if you are looking to move them and if they are in nice shape. I have a pair and love them. Thanks,
Vivey

vivey@pdq.net

July 30, 2014
Quick Reply