Instep Optima snowshoes

6:46 p.m. on November 4, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Hey. Anyone have experience with these? I haven't been to a store yet to get a three-dimensional look. These are significantly less expensive than the low-end models by Redfeather, Atlas, Yakima and Tubbs. Was wondering whether this is good value or if it's a fake bargain. If the latter, what do you like as an alternative?

Thanks in advance.

12:42 p.m. on February 27, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

Hey. Anyone have experience with these? I haven't been to a store yet to get a three-dimensional look. These are significantly less expensive than the low-end models by Redfeather, Atlas, Yakima and Tubbs. Was wondering whether this is good value or if it's a fake bargain. If the latter, what do you like as an alternative?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I have the Optima snow shoes and really like them. I "bushwack" trought the NH woods and they have held up pretty well. The vinyl straps that wrap aroung the aluminum frame broke in a couple places as I am pretty hard on them. They till work fine and I would buy another pair when these need replacing.
Sue

6:03 p.m. on January 19, 2005 (EST)
(Guest)

I bought two pairs of Optima 10-32's three years ago and really liked them. They were inexpensive, like you said, and I was new to the sport and wanted to try it out before investing very heavily. Unfortunately, like Sue, my snowshoes broke at the straps within two years. I use the boken ones now and again, but the good pair is still great. I am actually looking for parts to fix them, but have had no luck. I am going to buy a pair of Redfeathers cause they have life warranty

November 28, 2014
Quick Reply