New area for "gear for sale" messages

1:21 p.m. on January 14, 2003 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
949 forum posts

We've created a new section of the site just for posting classified gear ads. Just click "Marketplace" at the top of the page, or point your browser to http://www.trailspace.com/classified/

The new Marketplace forum is intended to match up individuals who are selling outdoor gear with those looking to buy it. So whether you're looking for a rare piece of gear or a hard-to-find replacement part, or trying to empty some of those seldom-used sleeping bags out of your closet, the Marketplace is the place to post your message.

"For sale" and "gear wanted" messages posted in the Backcountry or Climbing forums will be deleted.

4:56 p.m. on January 14, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Rethink "Gear wanted" Category

While I don't feel strongly either way, perhaps you should reconsider moving a posted "gear wanted" message if its a general type of question regarding replacements or the like. For example, would you have moved the string about the hiker who had the broken shoeshoes if he had asked where to buy replacements? I appreciate it when people talk about equipment and someone chimes in that the item is currently on sale from a certain vender. I realize it is a fine line between "looking for used 'XYZ' sleeping bag" and "are 'XYZ' sleeping bags any good and where can I buy one real cheap?" Just methoughts.

10:06 a.m. on January 16, 2003 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
949 forum posts
Re: Rethink "Gear wanted" Category

You're right, there's a pretty big grey area around "gear wanted" types of posts. I don't plan on policing that type of thing too closely, as long as it doesn't get too out of hand. And of course, this is always a work in progress. If for some reason the current setup isn't working I'm always open to changing it sometime down the road.

November 23, 2014
Quick Reply