which 3 season walking boots should I buy? perhaps the Scarpa SL M3 or Meindl Borneo ?

3:00 p.m. on February 1, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

I am interested in buying a 3 season walking boots as I probably won't be walking in much snow and I am not sure which boots would be best for me. two boots currently interest me which are scarpa sl m3 or meindl borneo. for scarpa is definitely better made than meindl as the craftman work is superb but is heavier and stiffer and probably hotter to wear in summertime than the meindl. I especially like to hear opinions from people who know about these products (or recommenations of other suitable products) so that I can make a better informed decision about which boots would be ideal for me.

thanks jules

9:14 a.m. on February 4, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

My Experiences

For Midweight use, I used to swear by the Vasque Sundowner for comfort but they only go up to 13W which is too small for me as I

9:14 a.m. on February 4, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

My Experiences

For Midweight use, I used to swear by the Vasque Sundowner for comfort but they only go up to 13W which is too small for me as I

3:20 a.m. on February 5, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Re: My Experiences

Thanks,

I have decided not to go fo Scarpa SL M3 as they felt alittle too heavy and big for me (I am not carrying heavy loads at the moment) so they are little too heavy duty for my purposes. Instead I brought the Meindl Burma (similar to meindl borneo but has the extra gore tex liner) which is a lot lighter and it seemns to be a very good all rounder (I been told it is a very propular model). So hopefully they turn out to be perfect for me. If I ever wanted a heavier pair of boots or had to recommend one - I would definitely would go for scarpa SL M3 as they are one of the best made boots I ever seen.

11:41 p.m. on May 10, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

Hi i have both boots, for small hills meindl is perfect but for high mountains scarpa is not bad.In summer time meindl is good, but with scarpa you have a perfect fit and confort

Quote:

I am interested in buying a 3 season walking boots as I probably won't be walking in much snow and I am not sure which boots would be best for me. two boots currently interest me which are scarpa sl m3 or meindl borneo. for scarpa is definitely better made than meindl as the craftman work is superb but is heavier and stiffer and probably hotter to wear in summertime than the meindl. I especially like to hear opinions from people who know about these products (or recommenations of other suitable products) so that I can make a better informed decision about which boots would be ideal for me.

thanks jules

August 22, 2014
Quick Reply