eddie bauer 2room dome tent

5:25 p.m. on April 9, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

Hi i'm looking at the eddie bauer 2rm dome tent on sale at Target this week, my husband and I are getting older and would like a tent that we can stand up in as well as something with a little more space, has anyone tried this one out yet? (we've had a 2man coleman for yrs) Or could someone suggest something for around the same price that might be more suitable, I would love to find something with skylights for when the weather is nice.

Thank you for your help
Lady Z

11:45 p.m. on April 9, 2003 (EDT)
5 reviewer rep
74 forum posts

In the last month my wife bought the one room version of the Eddie Bauer you are looking at. It looks to be similar in general design to the two room model you are asking about. (Its one room and not quite tall enough to stand up)

Both have the same overlapping four pole design which looks like it will be stable. The color coded poles sleeves are very helpful in cutting down the confusion of slipping 4 poles through 12 sleeves.

The rainfly and floor has taped seams, though the perimeter seams at base and seams on lower side walls (below where the rainfly ends) are not sealed.

The model I have is advertised as a four person backpacking tent. That is probably the rational for the comparatively light weight nylon used on the floor. Don't know if the two room model has a heavier floor. Mine has the skylight panel on top of fly with zip window on the tent itself.

If you are strictly 'car-camping' I think the Colemans tent with a heavier material and 'bath-tub' floor might be worth a look too. (Less seams to seal.) The 'Sundomes' come in a number of sizes, some tall enough to stand up within (the 10 x10.)
Hope this helps. You can always check out Campmor.com
Good luck with the search. BJ

Quote:

Hi i'm looking at the eddie bauer 2rm dome tent on sale at Target this week, my husband and I are getting older and would like a tent that we can stand up in as well as something with a little more space, has anyone tried this one out yet? (we've had a 2man coleman for yrs) Or could someone suggest something for around the same price that might be more suitable, I would love to find something with skylights for when the weather is nice.

Thank you for your help
Lady Z

October 24, 2014
Quick Reply