Any Hoosier Hikers Out There?

12:33 p.m. on May 21, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Calvin, Devon, Dominick, mporco

I am working in South Bend,In over the summer. Does anyone know of some good trails for day/weekend hikes? All suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Mike

10:27 p.m. on May 22, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

Yeah but they are all southern Indiana. Knobstone trail I hear is pretty cool, and Hoosier National Forest is great.

I am working in South Bend,In over the summer. Does anyone know of some good trails for day/weekend hikes? All suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Quote:

Mike

8:00 a.m. on June 4, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

Hiya Mike
Elkhart IN here.
Unfortunately there aren't any real close...Yankee Springs up in Grand Rapids has some pretty decent trails for day hiking if you don't mind sharing with the mountain bikes.
If you don't mind driving a little there are several places you can hike the North Country Trail ( sections running thru Baldwin and Cadillac areas are pretty nice). Otherwise I'm afraid Lake is right you either have to drive to southern IN or better yet (In my opinion) the UP.
Joe

Quote:

I am working in South Bend,In over the summer. Does
anyone know of some good trails for day/weekend hikes? All suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Quote:

Mike

2:34 p.m. on July 18, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

Hi Mike,
I just discovered this website. Hopefully, you have found a few places to hike by now. If not, I would suggest Rum Village, Potato Creek State Park, St. Patrick's Park, or the Michigan or Indiana Dunes. Saint Mary's College has an easy trail in the woods, and Notre Dame also has two lovely small lakes with paths around them. Although the trails don't compare to those that I've hiked in more beautiful parts of the U.S.A., they are great for finding some peace for a while. I live in South Bend, so if you need help with directions to any of these places, just let me know.

Quote:

) Christine

Quote:

Mike

December 18, 2014
Quick Reply