Western Quesadilla, gander mtn

2:04 p.m. on August 4, 2003 (EDT)
37 reviewer rep
747 forum posts

Thanks Gillespie for the Southwestern Quesadilla recipe. I made them two days in a row camping this weekend and this is how I made the last one.
Put grease/oil in pan, heat, add one tortilla. Crack egg on tortilla and cook for quite a while on low heat till egg is finally getting done. Break up two slices of Muenster chease into long strips and surround egg. Flip one side of tortilla over, cook a minute then flip over and cook another minute - one is enough for breakfast.

We took my wife's Gander mountain tent along cause it is "such a wonderful nice big tent". My wife loves it - as long as it doesn't rain or get windy or hot. It rained and it leaked and we got wet. My opinion? Any Family tent, tent that looks like a cabin, tent with a tiny rain fly, canvas tent, single layer family tent, or tent weighing over 25 pounds should be thrown into a dump.

I have some suggestions for those of you who own Gander mountain tents. One - put it away wet so it mildews and she won't want to sleep in it. two - put in the back of a store room so you can't ever get to it again. three - separate the poles and the body so maybe you will lose one. Four - accidentally throw it in the dump.
Jim S

9:30 p.m. on August 4, 2003 (EDT)
3 reviewer rep
60 forum posts
Glad you liked them!

Quote:

Thanks Gillespie for the Southwestern Quesadilla recipe. I made them two days in a row camping this weekend and this is how I made the last one.
Put grease/oil in pan, heat, add one tortilla. Crack egg on tortilla and cook for quite a while on low heat till egg is finally getting done. Break up two slices of Muenster chease into long strips and surround egg. Flip one side of tortilla over, cook a minute then flip over and cook another minute - one is enough for breakfast.

We took my wife's Gander mountain tent along cause it is "such a wonderful nice big tent". My wife loves it - as long as it doesn't rain or get windy or hot. It rained and it leaked and we got wet. My opinion? Any Family tent, tent that looks like a cabin, tent with a tiny rain fly, canvas tent, single layer family tent, or tent weighing over 25 pounds should be thrown into a dump.

I have some suggestions for those of you who own Gander mountain tents. One - put it away wet so it mildews and she won't want to sleep in it. two - put in the back of a store room so you can't ever get to it again. three - separate the poles and the body so maybe you will lose one. Four - accidentally throw it in the dump.
Jim S

December 26, 2014
Quick Reply