markill dragon

6:46 p.m. on August 5, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

HELP! I just ordered a Markill Dragon stove to replace my Gaz stove that I can't find fuel cannisters for...Since ordering the Markill, I have spent countless hours on the internet looking for Powerfuel to feed this stove...my nearby outfitter has never heard of Markill stoves (huh?) and wants me to bring the stove in to see if MSR fuel cartridges will fit it...does anyone know if other cartridges fit (without spending money on an adapter) the Markill Dragon, or should I just return it when it arrives? How about getting the Pocket Rocket instead? thank you

9:04 p.m. on August 5, 2003 (EDT)
37 reviewer rep
747 forum posts
markill dragon - don't worry!

Quote:

HELP! I just ordered a Markill Dragon stove to replace my Gaz stove that I can't find fuel cannisters for...Since ordering the Markill, I have spent countless hours on the internet looking for Powerfuel to feed this stove...

Don't worry - be happy! Anyway I have markill/EPI gaz stoves and they are pretty much standard. Just get a standard fuel bottle like snow peak or something and try to screw it on. If it fits - go for it. Some people will tell you a bunch of BS, but if it fits - its OK. Bill S can wax on and on about this, but just try it out - it should be cool.
Oh yes - I saw them on sale too, tell me how it works out please. Around $14 no?
Jim S

10:58 p.m. on August 5, 2003 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,472 reviewer rep
5,393 forum posts
"industry standard threaded connector"

As Jim says, any cartridge with the "industry standard threaded connector" (aka lindahl valve, aka Epi valve) will work. You can use Primus, MSR, Snowpeak, Markill (good gas mix for low temperatures), certain Coleman cartridges (watch out here, since Coleman has a bunch of different fittings, but just look at the top of the cartridge and compare to ones you know fit), some anonymous SE Asian cartridges, at least one Slovenian brand, etc etc.

Markill's Power mix seems to work at lower temperatures, with MSR's isobutane mix next. Most of the cartridges look basically the same except for size, but you may still be able to find some of MSR's pure isobutane and Markill's pure isobutane in a can that looks like a spray can (originally these were the EpiGas cartridges, which Markill and MSR put their own labels on until Coleman bought Epi, at which point MSR and Markill found other suppliers). The Gaz (Bleuet, also owned by Coleman) cartridges will only fit the appropriate Gaz appliance (and, for the non-puncture Gaz 270/470 cartridges, also MSR's SuperFly, which takes the standard fitting as well).

December 22, 2014
Quick Reply