Eureka Rainier reviews

7:49 p.m. on September 8, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

I've heard this tent is a 1 door version of the eurkea mountain pass 2EXO - but with better stakes, a lighter weight, and cheaper price tag. My only problem is it's really hard to find. Does anyone know where to find it OR does anyone have any real bad things to say about it?

8:57 a.m. on September 9, 2003 (EDT)
5 reviewer rep
74 forum posts

If you live in the Northwest, see if there is a GI Joe's store in your area. I have seen "Joes" carry the Rainier model in a local stores in this area.
I think the Rainier has fiberglass as opposed to metal poles. The poles sleeves are also continuous mesh rather than mesh and clip like the old style Mountain XT (not the new EXO style wit the 'biner clip supports). The Mountan Pass has a window in the polester fly, whille the Rainer does not.
Campmor has some od the Mountain Pass XT at $129.

There are lots af similarities between the two. I have wondered if the Rainier is a proprietary brand made for selected retailers. Don't know, though.
Good Luck.

1:41 p.m. on September 10, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

Re:Re: Eureka Rainier reviews

thanks BobJ!

Quote:

If you live in the Northwest, see if there is a GI Joe's store in your area. I have seen "Joes" carry the Rainier model in a local stores in this area.
I think the Rainier has fiberglass as opposed to metal poles. The poles sleeves are also continuous mesh rather than mesh and clip like the old style Mountain XT (not the new EXO style wit the 'biner clip supports). The Mountan Pass has a window in the polester fly, whille the Rainer does not.
Campmor has some od the Mountain Pass XT at $129.

There are lots af similarities between the two. I have wondered if the Rainier is a proprietary brand made for selected retailers. Don't know, though.
Good Luck.

September 17, 2014
Quick Reply