snow mantra

7:08 a.m. on September 29, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

Wanted: Snow Mantra parka/ Jacket
if anybody of you would give me an adresse where I can buy it in the states, or can sell it direktly it would be realy nice...I will pay a provision if you can sell it cheap or if you have a good contact..
my e-mail: marin-hermans@web.de
Tel.:0049-6551 2014

7:27 a.m. on September 29, 2003 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts
It's available in Canada for $760.

do a web search thru Yahoo on "Snow Mantra"

9:02 p.m. on September 29, 2003 (EDT)
3 reviewer rep
98 forum posts

As Ed G. said, a google search will find it. I was curious, took a look and found this (doubtless there are others):

http://www.gear-up.com/shopping/sell.asp?productid=9501MR00

Looks like a heck of a piece of gear.

9:50 a.m. on September 30, 2003 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts
Bill, what tent did you end up buying? n/m

nm

10:00 p.m. on September 30, 2003 (EDT)
3 reviewer rep
98 forum posts
Re: Bill, what tent did you end up buying? n/m

I haven't actually bought anything yet. I need to make a tour of the local shops to see if there's any value to buying something here, rather than ordering it from the States. They sell some coleman and kelty tents here for sure, but I don't remember having seen any Eureka models on past browsing expeditions. There are also a number of brands on sale that I've never heard of. Makes evaluation difficult.

If I do end up ordering from the States, I'll probably go with REI (since I can apply the dividend to climbing gear without having to justify it to my wife!).

REI doesn's seem to be carrying the tetragon 1210 right now, so I'm leaning toward the REI Basecamp 6.

Any thoughts on this one, or other tents carried by REI in the right size range?

6:22 a.m. on October 1, 2003 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts
No, no thoughts other than....

I'm sure you can't go wrong with whatever you buy from a quality outlet like REI.

Stores of this type have great return policies. Usually they give you one year to return merchandise if you are not satisfied. I highly doubt any local store would do that!

Good luck in your search.

July 24, 2014
Quick Reply