danner mtn lt II vs. LL Bean Cresta

7:47 p.m. on February 12, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

Hello,

I am torn between buying a pir of Danner Mtn Light II's or the LL Bean Leather Cresta's. They both ahve great reviews and unfortunately, I can not try them on or see them first.
The boots will be used for running around, light hiking. I live in PA so things can get messy. I want an all leather boot that will last. I know both of these may be a bit heavy for my uses, but not many good boots out there in all leather. My foot is a 10 witha width between d and e. I weigh 165 and stand 5' 11'. Any help is appreciated.
Al

8:12 p.m. on February 17, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

I'm afraid I can't give you any specific recommendations about the 2 boots you are looking at. I can say that dealing with LL Bean will always be a good experience. They will take anything back, no questions asked. The Danner boot may be a great boot, but what about the service after the sale? BTW, I bought the LL Bean Knife Edge in full leather and absolutely love them. They run big and wide. Do you really need a boot as heavy-duty as the Cresta?

Quote:

Hello,

I am torn between buying a pir of Danner Mtn Light II's or the LL Bean Leather Cresta's. They both ahve great reviews and unfortunately, I can not try them on or see them first.
The boots will be used for running around, light hiking. I live in PA so things can get messy. I want an all leather boot that will last. I know both of these may be a bit heavy for my uses, but not many good boots out there in all leather. My foot is a 10 witha width between d and e. I weigh 165 and stand 5' 11'. Any help is appreciated.
Al

7:32 a.m. on February 24, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

I've owned several pairs of the all-leather gore-tex cresta and loved them. Perfect fit from the first time you put them on. Very little break-in time. I've since switched to wearing sandals and trail runners when backpacking, but still recommend the crestas to anyone who wants boots.

October 30, 2014
Quick Reply